Classic beer batter fish. This classic beer batter is perfect for making homemade onion rings or for deep-frying fish and calamari, as well as all kinds of deep-fried vegetables. I live in the Pacific Northwest, which means I use IPA — which after is what flows out of our faucets in place of water. Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips Recipe is a complete traditional English meal.
I like to serve this with crunchy potato chips or fries and a big spoonful of tartar sauce. This beer battered fish recipe is easy to make and way better than going out to eat! The resting time allows the carbonation in the beer to activate the baking powder for a lighter, crispier batter. You can cook Classic beer batter fish using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic beer batter fish
- It’s 1.1 kg of fish fillet (nileperch or tilapia or any firm fish).
- You need 2.200 gms of wheat flour.
- It’s 3.1 tbspn of baking powder.
- You need 4.50 gms of cornflour.
- It’s 5.3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 6.5 of lemon juice squizzed.
- You need 7 of .salt n pepper to taste.
- It’s 8 of .oil for deepfrying and for batter.
- Prepare 9.1 of tusker beer.
Best recipe I ever tried for beer battered fish. My husband absolutely loves this one. I don't like fish but I like the fish in this recipe. Perfect every time: Adam Liaw's beer-battered fish and chips.
Classic beer batter fish instructions
- First season your fish with lemon juice,salt,minced garlic,black pepper check seasoning and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour,50ml oil with beer and whisk till smooth you can add water if too thick,add black pepper and salt for taste.
- Arrange flour in a tray and season with salt n pepper for dusting,and the batter,first pass your marinated fish into the flour and dust off excess flour.
- Put oil at medium heat or 150 degrees if using an electric fryer.
- Shake off excess batter and submerge the fish in the oil making sure you put it away from you to avoid oil spilling over turn it until browned n cruchy.
- Serve it hot with french fries and some tarter sauce.
Sometimes the simplest dishes are the hardest to get right. This method for the classic fish and chips will give you perfect results every time. Beer Battered Fish – game day favorite fresh fish cod dusted and dipped in a well-seasoned flour Beer Battered Fish made with fresh cod filets dipped in seasoned beer batter and fried until golden Learn how to make classic beer battered cod. Perfect for a fish fry friday, or pair it with some french. Beer-Battered Fish from Delish.com is crispy, golden fish-and-chips at its best.