Potato cabbage pancakes. Vegetable pancakes with a sweet and comforting flavor These have a sweet, comforting They are quick to mix up, using either leftover mashed potatoes from your Thanksgiving dinner, or potatoes. On this episode we are making Fermented Cabbage Potato Pancakes which are not much different from our typical Lithuanian Potato Pancakes. For the red cabbage, rinse the cabbage thoroughly under cold running water.
A simple recipe for pan-fried potato pancakes using leftover mashed potatoes. Crispy Pancakes Are the Best Thing to Happen to Leftover Mashed Potatoes. Believe it or not cabbage rolls are a staple of Japanese home cooking, but in this case I went Germanic and did a classic combination of cabbage rolls with potato pancakes. You can cook Potato cabbage pancakes using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato cabbage pancakes
- You need 1 cup of breadcrumbs (I actually used stale bread that was kickin around and grated it to crumbs).
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1 tbsp of herb seasoning mix.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 1 of potato.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of finely chopped cabbage.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- You need of chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil.
To add a bit of a twist to the. Okonomiyaki recipe : savory Japanese cabbage pancakes with bacon, served with homemade okonomiyaki sauce and Japanese mayonnaise. Potato pancakes don't have to be greasy… or hard to make. My recipe is easy thanks to my food processor but you can always grate the potatoes and onion by hand.
Potato cabbage pancakes instructions
- Peel the potato and grate using a hand grater or food processor with a grater attachment. Immediately place in a colinder and squeeze the liquid out of it. Let rest a few minutes..
- In a mixing bowl, add bread crumbs, herbs, and the beaten eggs. Give the potato another squeeze and try to get as much liquid as you can out of it and then add to the bread crumb mixture. Mix with your hands to combine..
- Finely chop cabbage and onion and add to the potato mixture. Also add minced garlic, generously salt and pepper, thyme, and chili flakes. Mix with hands to combine. Mixture should be wet but still hold together when squeezed. Depending on if you put more potatoes and cabbage, you may need more bread crumbs or herbs and spices..
- Do a trial run to test them out. Heat a bit of vegetable oil on medium-low and spoon about a teaspoon sized pancake and brown on both sides. If it needs more chili pepper, salt or pepper, more bread crumbs, or anything else, add it now. I decided mine needed more chili flakes, thyme, and pepper..
- When they are to your liking, generously coat the saute pan with vegetable oil, turn up to medium, and spoon 1/4 cup sized pancakes into pan. Flatten a bit with a spatula, and cook about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on each side. Don't crowd the pan – they won't cook right if you do. You'll have to babysit these.. They can overcook or undercook fairly easily..
- Remove pancakes when done cooking to a plate with a paper towel..
- These are fantastic on their own but a little sour cream, or hot sauce, or applesauce never hurts! Enjoy!.
- Note: measurements are approximate.. "give or take" depending on how much potato and cabbage you use and to your liking..
Potato pancakes, raggmunk, draniki, deruny, latkes or boxties are shallow-fried pancakes of grated or ground potato, matzo meal or flour and a binding ingredient such as egg or applesauce. Potato pancakes and cabbage green, potato cabbage zucchini, background. The Korean word "jeon" is often translated as "pancake," but jeon are not just a breakfast food, they're eaten at all meals as side Hoddeok is not jeon, but it's closer to the western idea of a pancake. Cabbage Pancakes These Cabbage Pancakes are different than your normal pancakes. Cabbage Pancakes are so tasty the kids won't even know that they are good for them.