Fish with Ugali. My channel is about my day to day life documenting my life and all that comes with it.let's say am a random kinda person & I like trying out new things 😃. How To Make Fish Soup And Soft Ugali. A classic tilapia fish served with sukuma wiki plus spinach & ugali Is that not a nutritious meal? subcribe.
This Fried fish with tomato gravy is served with a Kenyan staple, Ugali. Ugali is one of those few dishes that does not require the use of utensils. Pinch a small lump of it with your hand and roll into a ball. You can have Fish with Ugali using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish with Ugali
- It’s of For the fish stew.
- You need 1 of whole fried tilapia.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2 of ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Frying oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare 1 bunch of dhania, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Capsicum, finely chopped.
- Prepare of for the ugali.
- You need of water.
- It’s of maize flour.
Ugali, also known as ugali pap, nsima and nshima, is a type of maize flour porridge made in Africa. It is also known as ngima, obusuma,obuchima, kimnyet, nshima, mieliepap, phutu, sadza, kwon. Ugali, sukuma wiki, nyama choma and Swahili fish are some of the common Kenyan dishes. When you hear the word Swahili, the town of Mombasa and the coastal regions comes into your mind.
Fish with Ugali instructions
- Fry your onions to golden brown, add your ginger garlic paste and let cook for a minute, add the tomatoes and a little capsicum, salt and pepper and simmer up to the tomatoes. Add in the water and let simmer. Dip in the fish pieces gently. ensure the liquid covers the fish peices. let simmer for 15 minutes. Garnish with your dhania.
- For the ugali, Bring your water to a boil, Add flour gradually and stir to a stiff soft dough. let it heat up.
Find Traditional East African Food Ugali Fish stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Traditional East African food – ugali, fish and greens in Kenya – photos: ugali fish. We Kenyan's love our fish and why should we not? We get fresh Tilapia fish from Lake Victoria in the Nyanza province. This Fried fish with tomato gravy is served with a Kenyan staple, Ugali.