Easy mashed potato. Potatoes are blended with warmed butter and milk to create those perfect, smooth mashed potatoes everyone loves. Making homemade mashed potatoes is insanely easy. But what actually separates amazing mashed potatoes from subpar ones?
Perfect for holiday gatherings and beyond! Add more milk or butter to improve consistency after reheating, if needed. These easy Mashed Potatoes are creamy, buttery and are the perfect side dish with almost any meal. You can have Easy mashed potato using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy mashed potato
- You need 2 of potatoes.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s 1/8 cup of milk.
- You need of sauce.
- You need 2 tbspn of butter.
- It’s 1 tbspn of corn starch.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
Easy Mashed Potatoes Recipe – These are truly the perfect mashed potatoes! Buttery, creamy, fluffy and absolutely delicious, they are so easy to make and always a family favorite! For the full Homemade Mashed Potatoes Recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions, please visit our recipe page on Inspired Taste. Mashed potatoes are a requirement on the Thanksgiving table, and a hearty side dish for any meal throughout the fall and winter.
Easy mashed potato step by step
- Peel, wash and dice the potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes for 18mins with a pinch of salt. make sure that a fork can pass through the potatoes without much difficulty.
- Drain the water and heat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes using a fork.
- Add a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and milk. continue mashing until they are spread evenly.
- For the sauce: heat butter using a frying pan until brown.
- Mix the cornstarch with chicken broth and pour them into the pan.
- Mix well until the sauce turns brown and simmer for 1-2 mins.
- Add a pinch of pepper and a pinch of salt (italian herbs (optional)).
- Plate the mashed potato and pour the sauce.
- The mashed potatoes are ready to be served!!.
But they do require some labor — peeling, chopping, boiling, mashing. Presenting…my all-time favorite mashed potatoes recipe. These homemade mashed potatoes are perfectly rich and creamy, full of great flavor, easy to make, and always a crowd fave. The best potatoes for making mashed potatoes are starchier potatoes like Russet or Yukon gold. Stay away from waxy potatoes such as red.