Fish curry. Fish curry may refer to: Malabar matthi curry, an Indian dish. Fish head curry, a Singaporean dish where the head of an Ikan Merah (red snapper, literally "Red fish") is used. Machher Jhol (also spelled "Machher Ghonta") is a traditional Bengali and Oriya fish curry.
A delicious dish that's way better than take out. This post may contain affiliate links. Fish curry is a popular Indian dish that features a combination of spicy, sweet, and savory flavors. You can have Fish curry using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish curry
- You need 1 of Tilapia fish (you can follow this recipe for any kind of fish).
- It’s 1 of medium size onion.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic paste or chopped fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Hand full of fresh coriander.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
You can make a quick and easy fish curry using a pre-made curry paste, or use a food processor to. This is the favorite fish curry dish from the eastern part of India. I learned this recipe from my mother-in-law, who is a master in cooking this recipe. Does Goan fish curry float your boat, or do your seafood curry allegiances lie elsewhere?
Fish curry instructions
- First marinade the fish for 10 to 15mins with pinch of salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder also few drops of soya sauce(optional).
- Heat a frying pan & pour oil. Fry the fish both side. Don’t fry them too much. Now keep them in a plate. In the same frying pan add onion, garlic and little bit of oil. Fry them until they get soft. Now add rest of the ingredients. Cook them for 15 minutes on medium heat. When the spices will be well cooked add those fried fish..
- Now add 1/2 cup of water and cover with lid. Cook them on medium to low heat for more 15mins. At the end garnish with coriander. You can add some fresh green chilli at the end if you like spicy. Serve with rice or any kind of bread..
India has lots of coastline, so it's no surprise that fish and seafood are common ingredients in Indian curries. Goa, the smallest state in India, located on the western coast. Inspired by the cooking of the Malabar coast, this fish curry is tremendously flavorful, thanks to tamarind, coconut, garlic and ginger. The ingredients used in this fish curry recipe make it a mix of both eastern and northern Indian culinary influences. This recipe is perfect for beginners!