Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup. Chicken Gnocchi Soup is the coziest way to warm up this season! It's loaded with potato gnocchi, tender chicken, fresh veggies and a rich creamy broth. This Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup makes for the perfect dinner any day of the week and it's definitely one of those recipes everyone can.
So, simply said, this soup is simply excellent.in every way. It's easy to prepare (I bought a rotisserie chicken and made a stock of the carcass), uses just a few, simple, fresh and healthy ingredients, smells awesome good while cooking. Keyword: copycat chicken gnocchi soup, healthy chicken gnocchi soup. You can have Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- It’s 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion – finely chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic – minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of half & half.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of celery seed.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a rotisserie chicken (white and dark meat) – chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of (packed) fresh spinach – roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of package gnocchi.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
This creamy chicken gnocchi soup is pretty quick when all is said and done. It's a great way to use up leftover chicken if you have some, but I typically just buy rotisserie chicken when I want to make a soup like this. This creamy chicken gnocchi soup is the perfect comfort food. This better than Olive Garden's chicken gnocchi soup recipe will become a family And I must say, this chicken gnocchi soup copycat recipe has quickly become a staple in our home.
Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup step by step
- Heat a 2 quart sauce pan over medium heat. Add butter and oil. As soon as butter melts add onion and garlic. Sautée until onion is translucent, stirring often..
- Wisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes, wisking frequently..
- Wisk in chicken broth, half & half, thyme, celery seed, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer, wisking frequently. Simmer until thickened. About 5 minutes..
- Stir in chicken, gnocchi, and spinach. Simmer 5 minutes more, stirring often. Taste, adjust seasoning as desired. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note1: This makes a hearty, thick soup. If you would like your soup a little thinner you can add up to 1 more cup of chicken broth..
- Note2: If you want to cut some of the fat you can replace 1 cup of half & half with milk. You could go with all milk, but then it wouldn't have the same richness..
I hope it becomes a staple in yours as well. This Chicken Gnocchi Soup is very simple but here are a few tips and tricks to make your Oliver Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup the best ever! This creamy ONE POT Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup is simple, easy and delicious loaded with pillowy gnocchi, juicy chicken, aromatic. Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a delicious easy super family friendly soup that comes together in less than thirty minutes with the addition of rotisserie chicken. This delicious creamy soup is so simple and comes together in about thirty minutes.