simple and sweet potato casserole. Mash potatoes with a potato masher in a bowl until no large lumps remain. Stir white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter into the mashed sweet potatoes; transfer to prepared casserole dish. Cover sweet potato mixture with a layer of miniature marshmallows.
A southern-style casserole that is a dessert-like side dish. It is made of cooked and mashed sweet potatoes combined You can prepare your sweet potatoes for using in the casserole by baking or boiling them. The method is really based on personal preference. You can have simple and sweet potato casserole using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of simple and sweet potato casserole
- Prepare 8 medium of size sweet potatoes (6lbs).
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of orange juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 10 1/2 oz of package mini marshmallows.
This Sweet Potato Casserole is fairly simple and traditional leaving the flavors of the sweet potatoes and pecans to really shine through. Not only are they nutritious and delicious; the best part that this sweet potato casserole is not expensive meaning this easy side won't break the bank! Thanksgiving isn't complete without a homemade sweet potato casserole. Top this lightened version of an easy marshmallow sweet potato casserole recipe.
simple and sweet potato casserole instructions
- bring sweet potatoes in water to cover to a boil..
- cook 20-30 minutes until tender.
- drain and peel potatoes and place in mixing bowl.
- heat milk and next 3 interest in sauce pan over medium stirring until butter melts and dissolves. DO NOT BOIL..
- stir un orange juice spices and salt..
- beat potatoes at medium speed with an electric mixed until mashed. Add milk mixture, beating until smooth..
- spoon half of mixture into lightly greased 13×9 in pan and top evenly with half of the marshmallows..
- spread remaining parsley over marshmallows and bake uncovered at 350 for 25 minutes..
- add remaining half of marshmallows and bake for 8-10th minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown..
Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven, and cover with cold water. This easy sweet potato casserole with mashed potatoes has a buttery, crunchy pecan topping. It may become your most-requested holiday side dish. This Southern sweet potato casserole is the ideal combination of sweet potato filling and a crunchy, buttery pecan topping. Simple Sweet Potato Casserole. by MyFitnessPal's Recipes.