Dried Tilapia in Groundnut stew. Add peanut butter, cut tilapia and toss in tomatoes until all the fish is coated. Serve your Dried Fish Stew with sadza or rice. Vegetable oil: swap with palm oil or groundnut oil.
Prep the fish: de-scale fish and cut into steak, add to a bowl and rinse with water and lemon juice. Ngege (Oreochromis esculentus, a kind of Tilapia) is commonly consumed throughout Africa's great lakes region. Lake Victoria was a famous source of Ngege until the Nile Perch was introduced and drove the Ngege to near-extinction (many Lake Victoria cichlids suffered the same fate). You can have Dried Tilapia in Groundnut stew using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dried Tilapia in Groundnut stew
- It’s 2 of dried tilapia.
- You need 2 of onions.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes.
- You need 3 tbsp of groundnut flour.
- Prepare 1 of chilli beef cube.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper for saesoning.
This is another of Africa's many Peanut Sauce recipes, similar to Central Africa's Fried Fish in Peanut Sauce. Sasha regarding protein in the soup if vegetarian. Crack an egg and beat well. Just before serving heat the broth and veggies to simmer.
Dried Tilapia in Groundnut stew instructions
- Clean your dried fish in hot water yo get rid of any dirt accumulated..
- Chop your onions and add to your cooking pot to the already heated oil. Fry until golden brown..
- Add your tomatoes and cook on low heat until it forms a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper and the chilli beef cube..
- Add your groundnut flour to the paste allow 2minutes then add a cup or two of hot water…approximately 500ml of water..
- Bring to a boil then add your fish and turn the heat low to simmer. Allow 15 minutes if you want the stew thicker then allow more time..
- Serve hot with ugali or matoke. Enjoy.
In a large pot, add the fish and sprinkle in the salt. Add enough water to cover the fish. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger and onion until very smooth. Mix the chopped nuts and breadcrumbs together on a plate. Season the cod with salt and pepper.