Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup. Add leeks, onion, celery, carrot, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, and garlic, and saute until they start to brown. Potato Leek Soup is a classic! Nothing's better than a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day.
Here what you need: Leeks – essential for a LEEK soup So easy to make and garlic croutons finish it off to perfection. Now making my second batch this week. Before starting, it's important to wash the leeks well — they are notoriously dirty. You can cook Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup
- It’s 2 kg of Pumpkin.
- You need 2 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of leek.
- It’s 1 1/2 liter of vegetable stock.
- It’s 300 ml of cooking cream.
- It’s 5 grams of fresh chives.
- You need 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
I made this soup and it was delicious. I did not have a stick blender but it was actually fine. I have made potato leek before and for that you would definitely have to blend it but the. Cozy and comforting, Potato Leek Soup combines potatoes, leeks and broth for a simple homemade soup the whole family will love!
Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup instructions
- peel and dice the pumpkin into about 2cm chunks. you should end up with about 1.25 to 1.5kg of diced pumpkin.
- wash and slice the leek.
- peel and dice the potatoes into similar size chunks as the pumpkin.
- peel the 3 cloves of garlic but leave them whole..
- in a large pot or saucepan add the vegetable stock. you can either use ready made stock or 1.5lt of boiling water with the appropriate quantity of stock cubes..
- add the pumpkin, potato, leek, salt, pepper and garlic into the pot with the stock and allow to simmer until all ingredients cooked through and soft. remember to keep stirring every 5 minutes or so..
- while the vegetables are cooking, finely chopped the chives and add half into the pan with the vegetables to allow to cook with them. keep the other half for garnish..
- once the vegetables are cooked use either a stick blender to blend into a liquid or use a blender then transfer back into the pot..
- turn the heat down to low and stir in the cooking cream until mixed through..
- ready to serve. you can use prewarmed bowls if you like and garnish each serving with a little of the remaining chives. always nice to serve with some toasted bread chunks..
This is the kind of soup that is so simple to make yet tastes like you really know your way around the kitchen. I grew up loving this classic soup as a kid. I believe leek and potato soup is one of the most under the rated soup in the culinary world. But this easy soup is so tasty it can win any food critics. POTATO LEEK SOUP (NO BUTTER NO CREAM) There is nothing more comforting than a bowl of warm healthy soups in winter.