Super Easy Potato Salad. Easy creamy potato salad recipe with lots of tips for making it best, including the best potatoes to use and how to cook them. Small, waxy and thin-skinned potatoes are best for potato salad. Small yellow, white or red potatoes are perfect (fingerling potatoes work, too).
What kind of potatoes are best for potato salad? Now is not the time to use extra starchy russet potatoes. Those are great for baking and frying, but not so great when boiled. (They'll crumble apart!) For potato salad you need waxy potatoes. You can have Super Easy Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super Easy Potato Salad
- It’s 3 medium of potatoes (russet or idaho).
- You need 3/4 cup of mayonaise.
- You need 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of of dill pickle relish.
- It’s 1 small of onion.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of *** for a sweeter potato salad use Miracle Whip type salad dressing and sweet pickle relish.
- You need 1 of **& things u can add… green olives, eggs, crumbled bacon….
They hold their shape better when cooking and they. Looking for the best potato salad recipe you've ever made? From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger Russet potatoes are the ideal here, because they break down a little and make the potato salad creamier. Reinvent your potato salad recipe with one of our super speedy ideas, ready in a flash and great for summer barbecues.
Super Easy Potato Salad step by step
- boil potatoes. water should cover potatoes +1" leave Peel on..
- *** Idaho and russet potatoes Peel very easy if you run them under cold water as soon as they are done..
- after potatoes are tender, drain off water and run under cold water. rinse twice.. fill pan with cold water and let sit until there cool enough to handle.(about 30 minutes).
- Peel potatoes…. if using Idaho or russets the Peel maybe able to be removed by hand. potatoes need to be boiled whole with Peel. .. this keeps them from falling apart and gives them a better taste…..
- cut potatoes in cubes. My mother uses an old fashion potato masher and mashes into course chunks. this also give potato salad a much creameir feel..
- add mayonnaise, mustard, onion, & relish..
- mix well. add salt and pepper to taste..
- *** my Dad doesn't like eggs. I've seen people add minced celery to it also ….
- *** this a very basic potato salad but my family loves it. my rule of thumb is boil one Med potato per person..
- *** this is a basic recipe make it your own..
Red potatoes are tossed with a creamy mayo based cucumber and dill dressing. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Potato Salad with Dill. We will definitely have this again because it is super easy and we normally have some type of crunchy vegetable on. For soft-boiled eggs, follow the same process, but cut the. This is a perfect recipe to make for potlucks, barbecues, or any time you need an easy and colorful side dish to feed a crowd.