Potato pancakes. This is a traditional potato pancake recipe, and is a wonderful comfort food. Potato pancakes are a great breakfast, lunch or dinner side-dish. Simple to make, crisp and tasty they are great eaten hot but can be enjoyed cold.
Follow my simple instructions and make this easy treat today! Potato Pancake Recipe – Mashed Potato Pancakes – Excellent and Delicious! Potato pancakes are such a delicious way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. You can have Potato pancakes using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes
- It’s 4 of potatoes.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
They have fluffy centers, golden edges, and a little cheese for extra flavor. Potato pancakes, or latkes, are really versatile. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, they can be a side dish for just about any meal or the main course for a light meal. A simple recipe for pan-fried potato pancakes using leftover mashed potatoes.
Potato pancakes instructions
- Peel all potatoes, then shred on the shredder (I don't really know the name of that thing , so I add a pic).
- also shred onion, add egg and flour. season with salt and pepper..
- spoon a tablespoon of potato batter , then flat them down so they become thin , fry on frying pan with oil until browned..
- sprinkle with sugar and its ready to eat.
Crispy Pancakes Are the Best Thing to Happen to Leftover Mashed Potatoes. What's not to love about hot, crispy potato pancakes topped with tangy sour cream? Consider this post-Thanksgiving indulgence your necessary fuel for Black Friday festivities. Potato pancakes, prepared from fresh chopped or grated potatoes, onions, eggs and flour, are commonly associated with various cuisines of Europe. In Ukraine they are called "deruny". potato pancakes.