ez potato kugel. This Passover Potato Kugel is everything a kugel should be… crispy on the outside while soft, fluffy and tender inside. It's like one enormous latke, an irresistible addition to any Seder table. A kosher-for-Passover potato casserole that is also a Shabbat and holiday favorite!
This easy basic potato kugel recipe is a traditional baked Jewish casserole, served as a side dish. Moist on the inside and crispy golden on the outside it. A Quick Primer on Kugel History. You can cook ez potato kugel using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ez potato kugel
- You need 15 medium of potatoes.
- It’s 13 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of (heaping) salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of onion powder.
- It’s 3/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1 cup of sparkling water.
The idea of kugel might have Franco-German roots, dating back at least to medieval times, perhaps derived from bread dumplings. Transfer onion and potatoes to another bowl. Turn oven to broil and broil kugel until top is. Potatoes and onions are grated and baked together in this crispy side dish.
ez potato kugel step by step
- preheat oven 550.
- peel potatoes.
- crack eggs into a container..
- add oil and salt and spices, beat with fork.
- process potatoes in food processor.
- mix with egg and spices mixture.
- add sparkling (soda) water, mix.
- fold into baking pan..
- bake on 550°f for one hour..
- lower oven temperature to 350°f..
- bake for another hour.
- cool off and bon appetite!.
Potato kugel is a potato-based kugel of Ashkenazi Jewish origin, made with grated or pureed potatoes, onions, eggs, flour or matzo meal, oil, salt and pepper. It is commonly served for Shabbat and other Jewish holidays. Peel the potatoes, and place them in a bowl of water. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper until well combined. Using a food processor fitted with the grating plate, grate the onion.