SHEREE's SIMPLE BAKED SWEET POTATO…. Baking sweet potatoes whole in the oven is arguably the easiest way to prepare them (if you're really pressed for time, you can always microwave your sweet potato). This perfect baked sweet potato recipe makes them a perfect base for all types of toppings. A perfectly Baked Sweet Potato is easier than you think!
Go sweet OR savory – your choice! Baking sweet potatoes intensifies their sweetness, so they're pretty much ready to eat as soon as they come out of the oven. If you're hankering for a way to enhance the natural sugars, try drizzling the potatoes with maple syrup, or topping with brown sugar, cinnamon, and freshly grated orange zest. You can cook SHEREE's SIMPLE BAKED SWEET POTATO… using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SHEREE's SIMPLE BAKED SWEET POTATO…
- Prepare 2 large of sweet potatoes, washed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of clear oil.. WONT NEED ALL THE OIL…….veggie… olive.. canola.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup butter).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Baked Sweet Potato, when cooked properly, have a soft, sweet, and fluffy interior impossible to resisit. An easy dinner side dish or light lunch, learn Wash and scrub each sweet potato and dry thoroughly. This will prevent your sweet potatoes from steaming (rather than baking). Though, even when sweet potatoes burn (which I've done), much of the potato will still be great to eat (by removing the skin, and any other extra caramelized I still make it often today, and love that I can always have cooked sweet potato on hand to add to my meals.
SHEREE's SIMPLE BAKED SWEET POTATO… instructions
- wash sweet potatoes well with a veggie brush and rub oil all over the outside… cut out any bad spots before the oil….
- wrap each potato in aluminum foil… u can bake in oven or put on grill while BBQing…
- WHILE POTATOES ARE BAKING……melt butter in sauce pan … add sugar… cinnamon ….nutmeg … and salt (love salty and sweet)… mixture should get warm but not hot … pour in a container … and put in fridge to get semi solid…..
- if the potatoes are cooked in the oven set on 350° and cook for about 30-45 minutes. poke with fork or knife. potato should be tender….
- use knife and cut it long ways…. be careful is very hot.. put fingers on both aides of the outside and squeeze until it makes a pouch….
- use fork to loosen the "meat" of potato… put a liberal amount of cinnamon butter inside of potato..
- ENJOY! !!.
Because it is so incredibly simple, it. Learn how to bake sweet potatoes perfectly and get my recipe for BBQ chicken stuffed sweet potatoes. Baked sweet potato is one of my favorite side dishes. This baked sweet potato wedge recipe pairs perfectly with creamy aioli. Super easy to make, you can enjoy these as a side dish or snack anytime of day!