Tortilla Espanola, Chorizo red pepper riff (TAPAS). Heat pan to med-high and prep all ingredients. PARTNER POST: The versatile potato is perfect in a multitude of recipes showcasing flavors from around the globe. Make a traditional tortilla española as a hearty meal loaded with potatoes and eggs and serve with a flavorful roasted red pepper sauce.
Tradicionalmente esta tortilla es gruesa y plana, y se prepara con patatas, cebollas y huevos. O como hacen en España, como tapas acompañadas de un vaso de vino tinto. Tortilla Espanola is a dish I make all the time at home. You can cook Tortilla Espanola, Chorizo red pepper riff (TAPAS) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tortilla Espanola, Chorizo red pepper riff (TAPAS)
- It’s 5 of brown eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 5 of baby redskin potatoes (thinly sliced half moons).
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 of onion (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper (semi thick julienne).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of diced chorizo.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of LOTS evoo.
My boyfriend's family are Spanish, and he just loves this authentic dish. It's easy to prepare and always a I do not personally use parsely but instead add green onions on top before baking it. Also try adding spicy chorizo which totally elevates the dish! Here's your chance to master one of Spain's classic tapas: tortilla española.
Tortilla Espanola, Chorizo red pepper riff (TAPAS) step by step
- heat pan to med-high and prep all ingredients.
- sauté potatoes few minutes then add onions, garlic.
- lower heat and allow mixture to cook for another few while mixing eggs.
- Add bell pepper, Chorizo and egg mix then pull 'n tilt eggs around then let cook for a few.
- get plate large enough to cover pan, drizzle EVOO around circumference of tortilla and slightly separate so tortilla slides around easily.
- place plate over pan and FLIP!… slide raw bottom back into pan and cook over heat for 1 min..
- place onto serving dish and slice into wedges. Buen Provecho!.
The key is to leave the eggs slightly undercooked; that's what gives this a custardy (not bouncy) texture. Tortilla Española con Chorizo. by: JoyManning. Tortilla espanola is usually prepared without meat but we added spicy chorizo to this recipe. Diced chorizo contributes a spicy note to tortilla espanola, a classic Spanish egg dish with potatoes and onion often served warm as an Add eggs to potato-onion mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Learn how to make Tortilla Espanola, a popular Spanish omelet.