Easy Sweet Potato Chili. And like most soups/stews/chili it always tastes better the next day! We're not vegetarians and you don't need to be to love it! Sweet Potato Chili, loaded with Italian sausage, bell peppers, and onion, from Delish.com is about to become your winter favorite.
It is somewhat thin or has juice so if. This paleo sweet potato chili recipe will make a decent sized batch of chili, so you'll be sure to have leftovers for a busy night or for lunches. Enjoy topped with avocado, guacamole, and/or cilantro. You can have Easy Sweet Potato Chili using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Sweet Potato Chili
- It’s 1 medium of bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 large of sweet potato.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- It’s 1 lb of ground chicken.
- Prepare 1 can of 14.5 oz diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of 22oz black beans, drained.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
It's thick, rich, healthy and slightly sweet while spicy too. Stovetop: In large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Chili is ready when sweet potatoes are tender. Add additional water if chili is too thick for your liking.
Easy Sweet Potato Chili step by step
- Peel and cut sweet potato into roughly diced chunks.
- Dice onion and bell pepper.
- Add olive oil into a stock pot over medium high heat then add potatoes, onion, and pepper..
- Add a cup of water to pot. Cook and continue to stir until sweet potato is slightly tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add ground chicken and seasonings to pot. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink..
- Add diced tomatoes and black beans to pot. (Add more water if necessary).
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for about 10 minutes. You're done! Serve in a bowl or eat over rice..
Hope you guys enjoyed this video if you guys would like to know any other vegan recipes I will gladly love to make more videos like this. This Turkey Sweet Potato Chili recipe is so good, you might want to double it!! The beans and sweet potatoes give this chili a hearty bite. Really enjoyed this sweet potato black bean chili. Served it with tortilla chips and Greek yogurt.