Simple Mashed Potatoes. Always served at the holidays, mashed potatoes are one of those rare festive foods that also make appearances throughout the. ADD YOUR REVIEW. "This is the perfect recipe for mashed potatoes. The proportions of ingredients are exactly right.
This is a fairly quick and simple version of garlic mashed potatoes. It goes well with just about any kind of meat or poultry, as well as many other meals. If you want to make this vegan or fleishig. You can cook Simple Mashed Potatoes using 2 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Mashed Potatoes
- It’s of Pantry.
- It’s 6 lb of Potatoes.
Things might get pretty simple sometimes but sometimes that's just what a person needs. I hope you like my simple. This Is The Best Mashed Potatoes Recipe On The Internet. Recipes came from Oprah, The Pioneer Woman, Gordon Ramsey and more.
Simple Mashed Potatoes instructions
- Wash and scrub down skins. Cut in half. Cut half into quarters. Bring water to a boil and add potatoes..
- Continue cooking until tender. Depending on pot size vs amount of potatoes boiled in one sitting etc 10-30 minutes. Drain and mash (no seasoning, no milk. Add when reheating).
- (Freeze) Scoop into medium or large ziplock bags in family size portions. Roll and squish the air out and seal. Freeze flat. Good for up to six months in a deep freeze. Thaw out overnight in the fridge or in the microwave..
- (Reheat) Like leftovers in the microwave for a no fuss approach. Reheat in a pot, stirring occasionally, for a creamy texture. Reheat in a frying pan with a teeny bit of oil/butter for a fried potato texture. Reheat in a round casserole dish in the oven (about 350 checking regularly). Lid on for about 10 minutes, lid off for about 5 for a shepherds pie like texture..
- TIP Add seasoning while reheating. Ex. Cheese, sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, hot sauce, spices etc.
As simple as mashed potatoes are to make, I've tried too many bland, thick and gluey mashed potatoes at various events recently that I couldn't help but feel the dire need to share a tried and true. Mashed potatoes often get pushed to the side of the plate, but with this small-batch recipe I'd Consider these mashed potatoes as a wonderful base for a breakfast bowl or simple top them with a. To make mashed potatoes in an Instant Pot, peel three russet potatoes and cut each into about six pieces (if the potatoes are on the smaller side, just quarter them). Place the potatoes into the Instant. If is a type of food you don't need all that other info. or vegetable oil, milk or cream