Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice. Learn how to make shrimp fried rice at home just like you get at a take-out joint or restaurant! This is quick, easy, and you can customize it to your taste. This easy shrimp fried rice is restaurant-quality (or better!).
If it tastes too salty, add a few squeezes of fresh lime or lemon juice. Fried Rice is the best way to use leftover rice and it always dissapears fast! I learned how to make shrimp fried rice years ago from one of my favorite bloggers, Jaden of steamykitchen.com and modified the recipe. You can cook Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice
- You need 1 1/2 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 3 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 small of onion, diced.
- You need 2 of tilapia fillets, semi frozen.
- Prepare 15 of raw shrimp, cleaned and deviened…. remove tail.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3 of stalks of green onions.
- It’s 1 cup of peas and carrots, frozen.
Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice has a delicious flavor combination of savory, sweet and spicy. This shrimp fried rice dish is inspired by a Malaysian restaurant I used to frequent before they closed down. Fried rice with shrimp, green onions, egg, soy sauce and bean sprouts. Works well with left-over cooked rice. "The real shrimp fried rice, restaurant style.
Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice step by step
- *** some recipes use Ham but I use Bacon drippings in place of 'oil'…..
- rinse rice 3 times… put in sauce pan with water and salt… let soak for 30 minutes…..
- allow water to come to a boil and turn down to Med/low. allow to cook covered for 16-18 minutes.
- put rice in shallow pan.. toss and fan… once it is room temp u can put it in the freezer for 45 minutes… though it seems silly to fan and toss the rice… it is important for the steam and moisture to get out of the rice…..
- ****IF U R PLANNING TO COOK THIS THE NEXT DAY….. then put in container and refrigerate…..
- semi frozen fish should be cut in cubes and the shrimp should also have the tales removed..
- onion should be diced in one bowl and green onion should be cut in another bowl..
- break rice up by hand so that it is like individual kernals..
- 2 eggs should be beaten in a bowl… add a dash of salt and pepper. put oil in wok or large non-stick skillet.. scramble the egg and then put it back in original bowl… the heat from the egg will cook any left in bowl….
- put 2T of oil in skillet put in diced onion and frozen veggies (NOT GREEN ONION) stir it on Med/ high until they are semi soft add fish and shrimp…. stir until shrimp is pink and fish is white…. removed from skillet…. I had a large mixing bowl and just put it in with the eggs….
- I put 2 more Tbsp of oil and allow it to get hot. pour rice into hot oil and stir constantly … making sure all the rice is covered with oil. rice will turn tan or the color of brown rice… and green onion and continue to stir….
- put meat— fish and egg back in skillet and continue to rapidly stir. add the soy sauce… once the soy sauce is mixed in well it's done…..
- *** my mother doesn't like garlic but u can add 2 cloves of garlic to the diced onion….
- **** u can taste and adjust salt and pepper …. you can use 2 tsp of fish sauce… but I don't personally..
This is how I used to cook fried rice when my father still owned a restaurant." Shrimp Fried Rice – Why order take-out? This homemade version is so much healthier, cheaper and tastes a million times better! This shrimp fried rice recipe from Delish.com is so much fresher and healthier than that stuff that comes in the cardboard box. Stir egg constantly until almost fully cooked, then fold into rice mixture. Garnish with Sriracha and green onions and serve.