Mae's Potato Pancakes. Savory potato pancakes with onion and cheese are easy to make, because you start with instant mashed potatoes and prepared pancake mix. Make up a big batch of dry mix ahead of time, and. Crispy Pancakes Are the Best Thing to Happen to Leftover Mashed Potatoes.
Perhaps you want to change up your breakfast a little? Perhaps you just like potato pancakes. Easy potato pancakes are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or as a side. You can have Mae's Potato Pancakes using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mae's Potato Pancakes
- It’s of Ingredients.
- You need 2 cup of mashed potatoes.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of canola oil for frying & as needed.
Made with leftover mashed potatoes – they have golden edges and cheesy centers. Cheesy potato pancakes recipe – the best way to use up leftover mashed potatoes! Mashed Potato Pancakes are crispy outside and loaded with melty cheese! What's not to love about hot, crispy potato pancakes topped with tangy sour cream?
Mae's Potato Pancakes step by step
- Blend potato and eggs until smooth.
- Stir in flour and baking powder, mix well.
- Add pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat cast iron skillet until water dances when sprinkled.
- Pour oil in skillet and heat.
- Drop potato mixture into oil, fry for 3 minutes, flip over fry for another 3 minutes until golden on both sides.
- This batch made 10 pancakes.
- Serve and enjoy. These are great on their own or with sour cream or what ever topping you like..
Consider this post-Thanksgiving indulgence your necessary fuel for Black Friday festivities. Polish potato pancakes, known as placki kartoflane or placki ziemniaczane in Polish, are delicious and delightful. Traditionally, potato pancakes are eaten on Fridays as a meat substitute for Catholics. Potato pancakes are a great breakfast, lunch or dinner side-dish. Simple to make, crisp and tasty they are great eaten hot but can be enjoyed cold.