Gluten-Free Potato Pancakes. Latkes, fried potato pancakes, are a traditional part of Hanukkah. My favorite potato for latkes is the classic russet potato. These potatoes, with their dry flesh and high starch content, are ideal for frying.
I made these Potato Pancakes Gluten-Free by using an GF All-Purpose flour blend, but you could use regular flour as well. Grate the onion into a large bowl. Grate the potatoes using the larger grate of a box grater, or use the. You can have Gluten-Free Potato Pancakes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gluten-Free Potato Pancakes
- You need 4 cup of leftover mashed white potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped scallions.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare as needed of ghee or butter, for frying.
- Prepare of Sour cream and chives for serving (optional).
Gluten-Free Potato Pancakes with Red Onion-Apple CompoteCooking On The Weekends. salt, potatoes, eggs, root vegetables, gluten free flour, diced onion. Potato PancakesLive Grow Green. corn starch, paprika, red potatoes. I've experimented with a lot of delicious recipes in the process including this gluten and dairy free recipe that I created for potato and zucchini pancakes. Despite all good intentions to serve these as a vegan dish, I used sizzling butter in the pan to make a crispy and sinfully buttery pancake.
Gluten-Free Potato Pancakes instructions
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well..
- Melt ghee or butter on low-med heat in a skillet.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion out the pancakes. If you don't have one, a 1/2 cup dry measuring cup will work..
- Scoop portioned mashed potatoes into pan, 2 at a time, and flatten with a spatula to desired thickness..
- Cook on each side for 5-6 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with sour cream and chives, if desired..
Feel free to stack these sweet potato pancakes as high as you like, because they're both gluten and oil free 😉 Top them with all of your favorite fixings, too! Make sure you tag us on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of our. Check out this simple video gluten free recipe for making potato pancake and eggs at home. Recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by Rachel While potatoes are high in carbs and not something that I would eat every day, I do make this When you don't add flour, the potato pancakes taste much better. They are a bit more fragile, but nothing.