Spaghetti with fish meat balls. This easy fish meatball recipe is perfect for Lent as an appetizer or main dish with white rice or pasta. Meatballs are a great way to get kids to eat meat or fish. Rob Schneider and Steve Buscemi disagree on which is the better combination.
This is a really great spin on traditional spaghetti and meatballs if you are having a pescatarian to dinner. The "fishballs" use the same basic flavor components, and once seared on the stove, actually resemble real meatballs. One-Pot Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato Sauce. You can have Spaghetti with fish meat balls using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with fish meat balls
- You need 1/2 lb of white fish (i used a mix of tilapia and panga).
- Prepare 1 slice of White bread (crusts removed).
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 of shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 packages of Spaghetti.
- You need 1/4 cup of Shredded parmesan.
- Prepare dash of of salt, pepper, cayenne pepper to taste.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive or vegetable oil.
Lightly coat the balls in flour and put them onto a baking sheet or large plate. For a great spaghetti and meatball recipe you need a simple tomato sauce with lots of flavour. For the meatballs, mix together the beef, garlic and herbs along with a decent pinch of salt and pepper. Learn how to make classic meatballs with this step-by-step cooking lesson that makes tender and rich meatballs every time.
Spaghetti with fish meat balls instructions
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions..
- For the meat balls, pulse the bread to form bread crumbs. Set aside in a bowl. Add the fish, garlic, 1/2 parsley, shallots in the processor and pulse until it is well grounded. Add this to the bowl..
- Add salt, pepper and egg to the mixture and toss it together. Form medium sized balls..
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil and brown the balls on both sides (very shallow fry) and set aside..
- For the sauce, in the same skillet saute shallots and garlic until it is soft. Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer it for 10 minutes until it is cooked..
- Season it with salt, pepper and cayenne..
- Serve pasta with spoonful of sauce and 4-5 fish meat balls per serving. Garnish with chopped parsley and parmesan..
I don't want to make anything too complicated here — meatballs are comfort food and should therefore be kept simple — but let me just touch on some basics. Serve with cooked spaghetti and Italian grated cheese and Italian bread. Mix all meat ball ingredients together and shape into balls the size of English walnuts.. juice, seasonings and spaghetti pieces. In a pan add olive oil, garlic chopped and meat balls and leave it on steam till lite brown on low flame. Toss the spaghetti with some oil and set aside.