Japanese Yaki Onigiri (Grilled Rice Balls).
You can cook Japanese Yaki Onigiri (Grilled Rice Balls) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Yaki Onigiri (Grilled Rice Balls)
- You need 1 cup of Japanese white rice(150g).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Soy sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Sugar(Brown sugar).
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- You need 1 handful of Bonito flakes(Katsuobushi) *Optional.
- You need 2 leaves of Bamboo leaves(Sasano-ha) *For decoration.
- Prepare 1 of paper Baking paper(Parchment paper).
- You need of Some Plastic wrap(Cling wrap).
Japanese Yaki Onigiri (Grilled Rice Balls) step by step
- Cook rice in a rice cooker..
- Combine soy sauce and sugar in a bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved..
- Add cooked rice in the bowl and mix well..
- Add bonito flakes and salt. Fold up the rice using a spatula..
- Divide the rice into 4 equal portions. Then, mould the Onigiri within the plastic wrap(cling wrap)..
- Lay the baking paper in a frying pan and arrange the rice balls. Cook both sides with medium heat until you smell good aroma of soy sauce. (*If you are using gas stove, please be very careful not to burn it. You can also choose not to use the baking paper but to use oil when grilling. Salad oil or sesame oil are recommended.).
- Place some bamboo leaves on a plate or a basket and arrange Yaki Onigiri! Enjoy!.