Cheesy potatoes and rice balls. This is a recipe to utilize your leftover food. If you have leftover Chinese rice you can easily utilize them in this dish. It is simple yet scrumptious and.
Arancini are best served warm when they are creamy and cheesy in the center. They are just as good freshly cooked as they. The name alone is enough to make anyone's mouth instantly fill with saliva. You can have Cheesy potatoes and rice balls using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy potatoes and rice balls
- It’s 4 of medium sized Potatoes.
- Prepare of Leek.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare of Green pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Maggi.
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare cubes of Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Grated mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- You need of Egg1.
- Prepare 2 cups of Cooked rice.
Excited to turn those unwanted mashed potatoes and cooked rice in the refrigerator into awesome balled treats? Here's the simple recipe for making cheesy potato rice balls Cheesy Potato Balls recipe with step by step photos. Cheese and potatoes, two ingredients that nobody refuses, come together in this exciting starter. You are sure to fall in love with these Cheesy Potato Balls, which are so crispy outside yet so soft inside.
Cheesy potatoes and rice balls instructions
- First start by peeling and washing the potatoes then boil till very soft.
- Remove it off the heat and mash and set aside.
- Chop your leek and red pepper and set aside.
- Now wash and cook rice till soft drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing boil combine the mashed potatoes, rice, salt maggi leek red pepper egg Grated mozzarella and mix till perfectly soft then gradually start adding the flour till the dough is no more sticky.
- Then start scooping the dough and form a ball shake with it.
- Then gently flatten it with you palm and add the mozzarella cheese cube and roll it in to balls again.
- Allow it to set for 10 minutes before deep frying them till golden brown.
- And this is how cheesy it will look.
Push some of the cheese and ham into the center of each ball and press the rice around the filling. Dredge the rice balls in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess, then in the egg followed by the panko. These cheesy deep-fried rice balls are served with Italian dinners as a side like a bread. Vince I made these for a friend of mine that was longing for Rice Balls like her Mother use to make (Her Mother has passed on) I have never made them before and I found this recipe and made them. Cheesy rice balls are also known as Arancinis in Italian cuisine.