Fried Tilapia. Find Deals on Frozen Tilapia Fillets in Groceries on Amazon. Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook A Memorable Meal For Your Loved Ones. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin.
A simple green salad and rice as accompaniments make this a complete meal. Mix the corn meal and Old Bay seasoning thoroughly, then spread out on a platter. Coat tilapia fillets lightly, but thoroughly with corn meal and Old Bay mixture. You can have Fried Tilapia using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Tilapia
- You need 5-6 of -cut tilapia fillet pieces.
- Prepare 1 of tbsp.-Kashmiri red chilly powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of -black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of – salt.
- You need 1 tsp of -Garam masala (indian mixed spice powder).
- You need 1/2 tsp of -turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of -lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of -finely sliced onions.
- It’s 1/4 cup of -chopped cilantro.
Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Sift or stir flour, salt, and pepper together in a shallow dish, and set aside. In a bowl, beat egg whites until white and frothy. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs with cornmeal and basil.
Fried Tilapia step by step
- Mix all the spices along with lime juice in a ziplock..
- Massage the spice mixture onto the fish pieces, making sure each piece is well coated..
- Marinate and keep for 15 mins or even overnight..
- You can adjust the salt and spice level as per your taste!.
- Heat some coconut oil in pan..
- Lightly fry some onions and some chopped cilantro until crisp in the oil and remove into a serving dish..
- Now fry the fish pieces and remove excess oil with paper towel and serve on the dish..
- Serve hot garnished with cilantro, onion slices and lemon wedges.
This is a no-fail recipe for MILD, white, flaky, not greasy, and delicious fish for either sandwiches or as a main entree on a plate. Also, there is no drenching in egg wash involved in this recipe. Tilapia works best but Whitefish fillets are also great. Use either Canola oil, Peanut oil, or Crisco. Rinse tilapia fillets in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.