Easy Jacket Potatoes.
You can have Easy Jacket Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Jacket Potatoes
- You need 4 large of potatoes, washed.
- Prepare 1 medium of brown onion, peeled-1/2'd & sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sliced bacon.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sour cream.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Grated cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Sprinkle garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 of Cracked black pepper.
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 stick of Green onion, sliced.
Easy Jacket Potatoes step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 180*C..
- In a large mixing bowl- throw in spuds and coat with olive oil and garlic salt. Transfer to oven and bake until skin is crunchy and starts to wrinkle and centre is soft. Remove from oven..
- Meanwhile- fry onion and bacon until bacon is cooked and onion is slightly caramelised. Remove and set aside..
- Now slice spuds lengthways (not all the way through) so you can add your filling. Bacon and onion first- then sour cream- grated cheese on top and seasoning..
- Return to the oven until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with sliced green onion and serve. Goes really well as a side with pork chops- or a nice piece of beef steak. Enjoy!.
- Serves 4 sides. More people over for dinner? Just cook a few more spuds and up the ingredients..