Pan Fried Cod. Lightly coat the base of a non-stick frying pan with olive oil then place the pan over a medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, season the cod with salt and place it in the pan skin-side down (if the skin has been left on). Prepare the fish: Whisk the egg and milk in a medium bowl; add the cod and set aside to soak.
It's a classic restaurant technique you can I know it sounds obvious, but your goal is pan-seared cod, not pan-fried cod. So no flour or batter for. Season each cod fillet on both sides with salt and pepper. You can cook Pan Fried Cod using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pan Fried Cod
- You need 4 of Cod Fillets (Tilapia and Flounder also work).
- It’s 1 C of Corn Meal (Corn Flour works too).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- It’s 1 C of Italian Dressing.
- Prepare 1/4 C of Avacado Oil.
Pan Fried Cod with Crispy Coating as a Quick Weeknight Meal Idea. I swear, this Pan Fried Cod is one of those dishes that I make all the time. In fact, I don't know why it took me so long to put on the. When the liquid starts bubbling, add the cod, skin side down or if you prefer you can remove the skin.
Pan Fried Cod step by step
- Marinate fish fillets in the Italian dressing for 1 hour..
- Combine corn meal, old bay, onion powder, parsley, and lemon pepper in a medium bowl..
- Coat fillets in corn meal mixture..
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Avocado oil has a higher burn temperature and works better than olive oil for this..
- Place fillets in skillet and cook for approximately 15 minutes. Flip halfway through..
- Serve with a side of lemon wedges and enjoy!.
How to Pan Fry Cod without Flour. Pat dry and generously season both sides of the cod with salt and black pepper. Cod fish is marinated in wine and Asian seasonings and topped with crispy ginger. When I had a confinement after giving birth to both of my kids, this pan-fried cod fish with crispy ginger was one of. Put frying pan on the moderate heat and add sunflower oil.