Tilapia Stir-fry with Ginger Honey Sauce. Served with a simple homemade honey ginger soy stir fry sauce. Today I'm being a vegetarian with this Honey Ginger Tofu and Veggie Stir Fry and HELLO WORLD it tastes really superyummy. Most stir fry sauces are made with soy sauce, garlic, and other seasonings such as sesame oil, ginger, rice vinegar, chicken broth or chili sauce.
I'm a new mom, and my schedule is very dependent upon our young son, so I like meals that can be ready in as little time as possible. I doubled the sauce like most reviewers recommend. Our Homemade Meal Prep Honey Ginger Chicken Stir Fry is a great alternative to takeout! You can cook Tilapia Stir-fry with Ginger Honey Sauce using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tilapia Stir-fry with Ginger Honey Sauce
- Prepare 2 of whole tilapia or 4 fillets.
- Prepare 1 piece of fresh ginger root.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of bird's eye or Thai chili.
- It’s 1 of small lemon.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- Prepare 5 teaspoons of honey.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 of small pinch salt.
- Prepare 1 of small bowl water.
- Prepare 3 of sprigs fresh dill.
The sauce is made with fresh ginger, soy sauce/tamari, honey, and sriracha. Double the quantities and store extra in the fridge. Stir fry sauces are simple, homemade Asian sauce combinations you can premix from ingredients in your pantry and keep in the fridge as shake-and-go flavorings for your quick wok recipes. Did you like this Honey Ginger Tofu Stir Fry Recipe?
Tilapia Stir-fry with Ginger Honey Sauce step by step
- Fillet the tilapias, rinse, pat dry..
- Dice the fillets into 3 cm cubes. Coat the fish with a little salt and black pepper and let sit about 15 minutes..
- Heat a good amount of cooking oil in a frying pan. When hot, place the fish in the pan and fry until golden brown on all sides..
- The tilapia tends to fall apart easily when fried, so gently use chopsticks to turn over cubes when frying..
- When both sides of fish are evenly fried, remove and drain the oil..
- Prepare the sauce: Peel off the skin of the ginger and pound. De-seed the bird’s eye chili and slice. Add to a bowl and stir well with honey, water, fish sauce, lemon juice, black pepper..
- Pound garlic and stir-fry until aromatic. Add the mixed sauce and bring to a boil..
- When the sauce thickens, drop the fried fish and chopped dill in. Shake the pan to let the sauce coat the fish or gently use chopsticks to stir thoroughly. Be gentle in order not to break apart the fish..
- Use a pair of tongs to pick out the fish and lay on serving platter. Sprinkle the remaining ginger and garlic left in the pan onto the fish. It's very tasty to serve this dish with rice or use the leftovers to fry with rice ^_^.
Are there changes you made that you would like to share? The vegetables are stir fried with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Next, I added the soy sauce and then the cornstarch in water to make the stir fry sauce. Tossing the vegetables in an oil-cornstarch mix may have caused the "gummy texture" problems reported by other. Goes well with any stir fry, whether vegetable, seafood or meat.