Deliciously simple homemade mashed potatoes. There's a reason that homemade mashed potatoes are a classic holiday tradition. They're a comforting reminder of the very best times gathered together around a table. But don't just make them a few times a year—this recipe for easy mashed potatoes can become your year-round favorite.
Jump to the Homemade Mashed Potatoes Recipe or watch our quick video below to see how we make them in our kitchen. We adore mashed potatoes and make them often. Since we make a batch almost every week, we wanted to share our favorite way to make them. You can have Deliciously simple homemade mashed potatoes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deliciously simple homemade mashed potatoes
- You need 5-6 of large (white skin potatoes work best) optional.
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Potato masher.
- You need of Mixer.
- Prepare of Colander/strainer.
- It’s of Peeler.
Making homemade mashed potatoes is insanely easy. But what actually separates amazing mashed potatoes from subpar ones? Russet potatoes (the classic brown-skinned ones used for baked potatoes) are the classic go-to for mashed potatoes, but you. Homemade Mashed Potatoes You Can Savor Everyday.
Deliciously simple homemade mashed potatoes instructions
- Peel potatoes dice into chunks..
- Put diced potatoes in pot of cold water to cover about an inch..
- Boil potatoes medium heat until soft. Use fork to press against a chunk to determine if soft enough..
- Drain potatoes let sit for couple minutes.
- Put small amount of potatoes back in hot pan and mash. Gradually Add in more until all are mashed thoroughly..
- After you mash add in spoon full of butter n sour cream salt n pepper little bit of milk to desired taste. Mix with mixer until all lumps whipped..
- Heat on low flame until hot. Keep eye in them so they don't burn. Continuously stir until hot..
- Serve and add your favorite gravy, but just as delicious without any. Enjoy!.
A simple mashed potato recipe calls for potatoes, milk, butter, salt, and pepper. You can also sneak in some veggies like spinach or carrots into your mashed potato dish, and still maintain its delightfulness. Foolproof homemade mashed potatoes are prepared with ease with this simple step-by-step guide. Russet potatoes are used for fluffy and creamy spuds. To make mashed potatoes light in texture, Russet potatoes are used.