Fresh Spring Roll (Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa). Lumpiang Sariwa is another variety of Filipino spring rolls. It literally translates to Fresh Spring Rolls. The filling is composed of various Lumpiang Sariwa is a Filipino Spring Rolls that is filled with vegetables, wrapped in a crepe-like wrapper and covered with a special sweet-savory sauce.
Here's a simple recipe for Lumpiang Sariwa. Let the individuals unwrap rolls themselves just before eating them. Serve with Lumpiang Sariwa Brown Sauce and minced garlic place in separate bowls. You can cook Fresh Spring Roll (Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa) using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh Spring Roll (Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa)
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 2 cup of sweet potato, cubed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of cabbage, shredded.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of carrots, julienned.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peanut, crushed.
- It’s 6 each of lettuce leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground pork.
- You need 2 cup of string beans, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of pork cube.
- Prepare of Wrapper.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 each of raw eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch, diluted in 4 tbsp water.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of peanut butter ( optional ).
Lumpia are Filipino fried spring rolls filled with ground pork and mixed vegetables. In the Philippines, spring rolls are called lumpia. In this lumpia recipe, Marvin, a native Filipino who blogs at Burnt Lumpia will Lumpiang Sariwa refers to "fresh" lumpia with veggies and meat as the filling. Fresh Lumpia "ala Goldilocks" ( Filipino fresh spring rolls).
Fresh Spring Roll (Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa) instructions
- In a heated pan, pour-in the cooking oil then sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add the pork and cook until color turns light brown. Put-in the pork cube and add ½ cup water then simmer until pork is tender..
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are soft..
- Put-in carrots, and string beans then mix with the other ingredients. Add the cabbage and let cook for 5 minutes. Add the fish sauce and mix. Set aside.
- Make the wrapper. In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs and beat. Add the milk while beating. Put in the salt and all-purpose flour then mix thoroughly. Add the vegetable oil and mix well. Turn the stove on to medium heat and put the non-stick pan in place. Spray the pan with oil or grease with butter. Pour-in the wrapper mixture (about half a cup) and tilt the pan to distribute the liquid evenly. Cook until the top part of the mixture is dry (about 2 minutes). Using a spatula, remove the cooked mixture and place in a flat plate. Set aside.
- Make the sauce. In a saucepan, pour the water and bring to a boil. Add the brown sugar. Put some salt and soy sauce then mix. Dilute the cornstarch in water and pour in the saucepan. Cook until the sauce becomes thick. Set aside..
- Wrap the filling. Place the wrapper in a plate then place a lettuce leaf in the middle top part of the wrapper. Spoon the filling and place in the middle of the wrapper (over the lettuce leaf). Close the wrapper by folding the lower part first then roll the sides until the filling is sealed. Pour the sauce over the Lumpiang Sariwa and garnish with crushed peanuts and minced garlic. Serve. Share and Enjoy!.
Fresh Lumpia- Lumpiang sariwa or Filipino springrolls are sautee'd vegetables and pork and/or shrimp and tofu wrapped in crepe like wrappers made with eggs and flour. Anyone who knows how to chop vegetables and sautee can. "Lumpiang Sariwa" literally means fresh egg roll and is the Filipino equivalent of the Vietnamese or Thai spring rolls. The filling is largely made of Fold up the bottom of the pancake and fold in both sides of the pancake to form your spring roll. To serve, pour the warm sauce over the spring roll. Actually, lumpiang ubod is a variation of lumpiang sariwa.