Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes. These garlic mashed potatoes are rich and very tasty! For a creamier texture, use heavy cream in place of the milk. These are also terrific topped with green onions.
Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size. Place in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with water. And you guys, I pinkie promise something: these are the easiest ever. You can cook Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes
- It’s 6 of medium peeled potatoes, cut into quarters.
- You need Tsp of salt.
- You need 1 stick of butter or margarine.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of Enough milk to thin potatoes to your taste, a splash at a time.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of tsp, more or less, garlic powder.
I mean, nothing deserves the Easiest Ever badge of honor like a recipe that can be made in a kitchen that is, um, not even a kitchen. Our garlic mashed potatoes recipe is so simple, making it the perfect side dish you can spice up however you want. There's a vast difference between the garlic mashed potatoes that you would eat a whole bowl of for dinner, and the ones that you leave untouched and left to get cold. These Garlic Mashed Potatoes made with roasted garlic and Yukon Gold potatoes are amazing in Garlic mashed potatoes, how do I love thee?
Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes instructions
- Put chopped potatoes in a medium sauce pan and just cover with water. Add salt to the water and boil potatoes on medium heat til tender. About 20 minutes..
- When tender, drain potatoes and return them to the pot, add the stick of butter, put the lid on and let it melt..
- Once butter melts, I unlid and mash well with a potato masher. Add sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and mash some more. Add milk as needed, a splash at a time, until you get the consistency you want..
- I add 1 tbsp of butter to melt on top and return the lid..
One forkful, two forkfuls It was my first time making mashed potatoes, but they were so easy! My sister raved over them – she said. Here is an easy Mashed potatoes recipe for you guys to try at home! It goes well with steak!. #stayathome and stay safe. Learn how to make Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes.