Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake. Delightfully crispy and flavorful, these authentic German potato pancakes, Kartoffelpuffer, are fun to make and even more delicious. Serve these simple potato pancakes with applesauce, sour cream, or smoked salmon. Variations of potato pancakes are extremely popular in many parts of the world, including the United States.
German potato pancakes are delicious discs of pan-fried grated potatoes – golden and crispy on the outside with a fluffy potato middle. Stir in eggs, flour and salt immediately. Applesauce is the perfect foil for these savory, golden fried pancakes, a mix of starchy potatoes, flour, and eggs. You can have Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake
- It’s 1/5 kg of potatoes (peeled, and grated).
- You need 1 of onion (can be grated, or finely chopped).
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 1/5 tsp of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need of Muskatnuss.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s 100 gr of smoke salmon.
Potato pancakes, raggmunk, draniki, deruny, latkes or boxties are shallow-fried pancakes of grated or ground potato, matzo meal or flour and a binding ingredient such as egg or applesauce. Kartoffelpuffer – Potato Pancakes Recipe is a real treat. Place the grated potatoes in a large bowl. German potato pancakes (called Kartoffelpuffer or Reibekuchen) make a hearty low FODMAP breakfast option, especially when you pair them with bacon, scrambled eggs and baby spinach.
Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake step by step
- Place the grated potato in a bowl, and squeeze out the liquid.
- Add the egg, corn starch, onion, chicken stock, Muskatnuss, black pepper, and salt.
- Mix them well.
- Heat some oil in the pan.
- Using a table spoon, place the mixture in to the pan, and flatten into pancakes with the back side of the spoon.
- Fry it on both side until the color turn into golden brown.
- Set it aside.
- For Dip: 50 gr cream cheese 2 tbsp Greek yogurt 1 tbsp chopped rucola Salt, and black pepper Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Check the video how did I make this recipe on my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/u9nQ2Ud59Dc.
German Potato Pancakes (Kartoffelpuffer) with Two Toppings. These German Potato Pancakes are served either with savory (sour cream) or with sweet (applesauce) toppings. Apart from Kartoffelpuffer, potato pancakes are also known as Reibekuchen and Kartoffelpfannkuchen in Germany. Although the Reibekuchen always contain salt, they are often. Kartoffelpuffer – German Potato Pancakes recipe: Common in German cuisine Kartoffelpuffer can be served sweet (as suggested in this recipe) or savoury/salty.