Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker.
You can have Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker
- It’s 2 of lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 cup of salsa.
- You need 3 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 can (4 oz.) of mild diced green chilies.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, drained.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of ground chipotle chili pepper (optional for more heat).
Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker. Place the chicken in the bottom..
- In a medium bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients. Then pour over the top of the chicken..
- Cook either on high for 3-4 hours OR low for 6-7 hours, until the chicken is tender enough to shred easily..
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and allow it to rest for 5 minutes or so, then use 2 forks to shred it. Stir the chicken back into the remaining juices/salsa mix and cook on low for an additional 20 minutes..
- After the additional 20 minutes, remove the chicken from the slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Use the chicken in your favorite recipe (some suggestions are listed in the recipe description and a few are pictured below)!.
- Chicken Nachos –>.
- Chicken Quesadilla Pie. –>.
- Southwestern Style Chicken Potato Skins –>.
- Easy Chicken Taquitos –>.