Quick and easy sweet potato curry. A hearty and warming sweet potato chickpea curry recipe. This healthy vegetable curry is a cheap and easy dish. You could add chopped Finely chop the chilli, then peel and finely grate the ginger.
This easy to make and super quick chickpea and sweet potato curry is perfect for vegetarians. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes, and boil them until just tender. Meanwhile, peel and crush the Top tip for making Quick chickpea and sweet potato curry. You can have Quick and easy sweet potato curry using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick and easy sweet potato curry
- It’s 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or oil of choice.
- It’s 1 of large red onion diced.
- You need 800 g of tin tomatoes.
- It’s of salt and pepper for taste.
- Prepare 3 of minced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of garam masala.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 tin of chickpeas.
- You need 500 g of sweet potatoes peeled and duced into 1 inch cubes.
- Prepare 400 g of tin of coconut milk.
- Prepare of juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 2 of large handfuls if spinach.
- You need of serve with wholdmeal basmati or white rice etc.
This recipe is both dairy-free and vegan. This easy to cook and tasty Indian curry can be made any night of the week (or for lunch as I do!) and can be served with traditional naan/roti bread or. Sweet potato and chickpea curry from the oh she glows cookbook. I cannot wait to make my way through the book.
Quick and easy sweet potato curry instructions
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large pot.
- Add the onions and tomatoes and sakt and pepper over the mixture and stir together cook on a medium heat for 10 mins to allow the juices to naturally release and tomatoes cook down and onions soften.
- After 10 minutes add the chickpeas and sweet potatoes stiring to combine in the tomatoes mixture then add the garlic,garam masala, curry powder,paprika and cumin, stir all to combine and keep stiring till spices become fragrant..
- Add the coconut milk and mix all together and then bring the curry to a boil and add half cup of hot water and mix and then turn heat down to medium low so the curry simmers for about 20 to 30 mins and cook until the potatoes are tender. every few mins stir the curry. add extra water if needed but note we don't want the curry watery.
- Once cooked stir in the spinach and lightly squeeze over the lime over the curry (dont skip or forget the lime) stir to combine remove of the heat and taste the curry and taste and add more seaoning if you feel it needs more.
- Allow curry to cool to allow the spinach to wilt in the heat and then serve along side your choice of side and enjoy.
- Notes 1. Crushed red pepper flakes: I would start with 1/4 teaspoon in the beginning so that that gets heated up with everything else. Taste and you can always add another 1/4 teaspoon. 2. Harissa paste: if you have a harissa or chilli paste, you can stir a little in before the simmer part so that it can heat up with everything. Even sriracha can work. 3. Lastly, and my favourite, scotch bonnet pepper sauce which adds flavours and lots of heat. A few drops right before simmer again, an.
This Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry was so. An easy recipe for Instant Pot sweet potato lentil curry. This comfort food is the perfect weeknight dinner for anyone who loves sweet potatoes, curry or lentils. You could almost call it a drop and go recipe! Keywords: vegetarian curry, sweet potato curry, red curry, yellow curry, curry paste.