Chicken Pot Pie & Biscuits.
You can cook Chicken Pot Pie & Biscuits using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie & Biscuits
- You need 2 of chicken breasts, split with bone and skin on.
- Prepare 4 of carrots, 1-inch dice.
- You need 8 small of red potatoes, 1-inch dice.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of half and half.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare of For biscuits.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of chives.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
Chicken Pot Pie & Biscuits instructions
- Step 1 : Roast the Chicken & Vegetables Preheat the oven to 425°F. Start by placing the chicken breasts on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then salt & pepper. On another sheet pan, place the carrots and potatoes and also drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Roast them in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on thickness of the chicken breast..
- Step 2 : Make the Cream Sauce In a saucepan, melt butter on medium-low heat stir in flour, whisking until smooth. Let the flour and butter cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in chicken stock and continue to whisk over low heat until smooth. Add in the half-and-half. Whisk until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes until thick and bubbly – whisk constantly, or at lease every minute to keep it from burning on the bottom. When it is thick, turn off the heat..
- Step 3 : Combine When the vegetables and chicken have finished roasting, let them cool for 3-5 minutes. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and chop it up into 1-inch cubes. Add the chicken, carrots and potatoes into the cream sauce. Add the peas. Pour the mixture into a pie plate or other oven proof dish..
- Step 4 : Make Biscuits In a mixer, combine flour, baking powder, chives and salt using the paddle attachment. Cut the cold butter into 1/2 inch pieces. Add the butter to the dry ingredients and mix on low until the butter is mixed in and is the size of peas. In a separate bowl, mix together egg and milk with a fork. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the milk and egg mixture. Turn off the mixer once added..
- Put some flour on the counter. Turn the dough out onto the floured surface. Add some flour onto the top of the dough, then roll it out into a disk – about 1/2 inch thick..
- Cut the disk into 6 biscuits, using a biscuit cutter or glass. Place the biscuits on top of the chicken stew. Bake at 400°F for 15-17 minutes..