Pinwheel cookies. This recipe evolved from several different recipes that I combined into one. I've never received so many compliments on my baking!—Denise Hufford, Midland, Michigan. Date Nut Pinwheel Cookies I. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Christmas cookies are always a favorite with Southern Living readers, so it is little wonder that this The basic recipe alone bakes up a delicious batch of cookies, but with this variation for Pinwheels. Pinwheel cookies – rich and tasty vanilla and cocoa swirl cookies. Holiday season is around the corner so how about these deliciously flavored pinwheel cookies. You can have Pinwheel cookies using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pinwheel cookies
- You need 1 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare Half of cup packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3-3/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of baking cocoa.
Making them is so much fun. Brushing these pinwheel cookies with melted chocolate and sprinkling them with crushed peppermint candies means these cookies are extra festive, extra minty, and extra delicious. These pinwheel sugar cookies are a treat to eat and fun to make. Impress the Christmas crowd with these cookie creations.
Pinwheel cookies instructions
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla..
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well..
- Divide dough in half and add cocoa to one portion. Divide each portion into half..
- On a baking sheet, roll each portion between waxed paper into a 12×10 inch. rectangle. Refrigerate for 30 mins..
- Remove waxed paper. Place one chocolate rectangle over a plain rectangle. Roll up tightly, jelly roll style. Starting with along side. Wrap in plastic. Repeat with the remaining dough..
- Refrigerate for 2 hrs or until firm. Unwrap and cut into 1/4 inch slices..
- Place 2 inch apart on a lightly greased baking sheet..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 mins or till set..
Cinnamon Sugar Pinwheel Cookies: the best recipe for using up leftover pie crust & they taste like a delicious cinnamon bun wrapped up in a flaky pie crust. Download Pinwheel cookies stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Pinwheel cookies recipe with purple sweet potato powder. Including instructions on how to create the perfect whirl with step by step photos. Sweet chopped dates and crunchy walnuts rolled in cookie dough and sliced into pinwheels make a simple and tasty cookie.