Lentil chili cheese fries. This is a simple and amazing recipe for Chili Cheese Fries. Comfort food at its best. — Stock photo provided by: Depositphotos.com. Try this meaty, very cheesy and slightly spicy Chili Cheese Fries or Potato Wedges.
Chili and fries should be finished at the same time. Change oven settings from bake to broil. Plate fries by stacking them on top of each other on oven-safe plates. You can have Lentil chili cheese fries using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lentil chili cheese fries
- Prepare 2 cup of brown lentils.
- It’s 6 each of potatoes or a bag of frozen.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Carroll Shelby's Chili mix.
- Prepare 1 each of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cup of cooking grease.
- You need 6 cup of boiling water.
Finish with your favourite toppings, and. I think when discussing the move from fast food/junk food to whole foods, one major discussion is left out: how unbelievably hard it can be to leave the junk behind. I still crave fried food (my serious downfall are onion rings and fried cauliflower) and I may or may not have. Chili cheese fries don't always come smothered in greasy chili and gloppy cheese sauce.
Lentil chili cheese fries instructions
- Add lentils to boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Add chili mix and cut lentils on low.
- Warm up grease and begin frying fries until desired firmness.
- Put finished fries on plate after draining grease.
- Scoop desired chili on top of fries.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of chili.
- Sprinkle desire amount of chopped onions on top of cheese.
- Add ketchup (optional).
This easy rendition from Joy the Baker is made with chile powder and spice and a smattering of Cheddar. We've got something of a disclaimer to issue. For Chili Cheese Fries: Prepare french fries according to package directions until browned. Layer a baking tray or individual oven safe dish as follows: First, cooked fries, topped with cheese, chili spooned over the top and more cheese on top. The Best Fried Lentils Recipes on Yummly