Vickys Autumn Harvest Rice, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Autumn Harvest Rice, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Autumn Harvest Rice, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 440 grams of cooked brown rice, hot (around 110g / scant half cup raw).
- Prepare 240 grams of pumpkin puree, canned is fine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 75 grams of /1 small unpeeled diced apple.
- Prepare 100 grams of / 1 medium red onion, diced.
- Prepare 60 grams of walnuts (optional), chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of raisins.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Vickys Autumn Harvest Rice, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- If cooking raw rice especially for this, cook it per package instructions.
- Combine the pumpkin, syrup, vinegar, ground cinnamon and black pepper in a bowl and stir well. This mixture doesn't need cooking.
- Mix in the hot brown rice then add the apple, onion, raisins, walnuts, parsley and oil to the rice mixture and mix through evenly.
- Season with salt to taste and serve warm.
- To freeze, follow direction 1 and place the mixture in a freezer bag. Put the cooked rice in a seperate bag. In a 3rd bag place the remaining ingredients and place all 3 bags in 1 larger bag to keep them together.
- Defrost all bags to serve. Warm the rice through. Let the pumpkin mixture and the apple/onion mixture both get to room temperature. Mix everything together. Serve warm.
- This is great as both a main dish and as a side.