Pumpkin Not From the Can. Rinse your pumpkin well and place on cutting board. Now cut off stem and all non-orangey parts. Now cut in half and scoop out seeds and strands of pumpkin.
Yes, you can easily make the best pumpkin pie you've ever had, from a Real Pumpkin, Not a Can with these fully illustrated, complete, simple recipe and directions. These are the easiest directions on the web! Anyone can make a real pumpkin pie after reading this web page! You can have Pumpkin Not From the Can using 2 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Not From the Can
- You need 1 of hokkaido pumpkin.
- It’s 1 liter of water.
The term "pumpkin" can apply to two of the three varieties of winter squash: C pepo and C maxima. Within these two varieties you'll find Connecticut field pumpkins, Dickinson pumpkins, and Kentucky field pumpkins, as well as Boston marrow squash and Golden Delicious squash. Cans of pumpkin puree are actually a range of squashes. We hate to squash your autumnal dreams, but baking a pumpkin pie might not be as easy as you think.
Pumpkin Not From the Can step by step
- Rinse your pumpkin well and place on cutting board.
- Now cut off stem and all non-orangey parts.
- Now cut in half and scoop out seeds and strands of pumpkin.
- Keep the seeds of you want to roast them later (other recipe) or plant them and grow pumpkins ;).
- Bring salted water to a boil while continuing with the next step.
- Dice pumpkin.
- Throw in pumpkin to boiling water. After water has come back to a boil lower heat to medium (on my induction stove top range 1-9 it's 5) and put lid on for 10-15min.
- Keep an eye on steam evading from lid, if too much, lower heat down a notch or two and continue within the time frame.
- Check with knife if you can effortlessly separate a piece of pumpkin. If so, it's ready..
- Strain pumpkin.
- Blend in any type of blender till smooth and velvety.
- Fill into containers from where you easily can scoop out amounts you need to prepare hearty or sweet pumpkin recipes..
Most pumpkin purees are a mix of winter squashes, including butternut squash, Golden Delicious, and Hubbard. Learn how to can pumpkin to preserve the fall harvest. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Today we are talking about how to Remove the stem from the section that has it. Remove the innards using a spoon.