Stove Top Fajitas.
You can cook Stove Top Fajitas using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stove Top Fajitas
- It’s 1 lb of Beef or Chicken, cut into strips.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vegetable or Olive oil.
- Prepare 4 oz of Mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 each of Onions, sliced.
- You need 1 each of Bell Pepper, sliced.
- You need 1 each of Tomato, diced.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & Pepper to taste.
- You need of Marinade.
- You need 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Lime Juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vegetable or Olive Oil.
Stove Top Fajitas instructions
- Combine the lime juice, granulated garlic, onion powder, cumin and cayenne pepper in a bowl and whisk together. Then slowly whisk in the oil..
- Pour marinade over meat, seal and refrigerate for at least four hours and up to overnight..
- Place second measure of oil in a large skillet over high heat until the oil just begins to smoke..
- Drain the marinade and place the meat into the hot skillet. Reduce heat to medium-high..
- Season with salt and pepper and cook meat for 4-5 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated..
- Add the mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers to the skillet and cook until fork tender..
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook approximately 1 more minute, just until the tomato is heated through..
- Remove from skillet and serve immediately..
- Suggestions: Serve with warm tortillas, salsa (recipe available on my profile), sour cream, guacamole or any other suitable items of your liking..