beef or chicken fajitas. Classic Tex Mex, fajitas (pronounced fah-hee-tas) are typically made with grilled strips of skirt steak with onions and bell peppers, and served sizzling hot with fresh tortillas You can make fajitas with steak or chicken, or even make it plain vegetarian. Here's a quick and easy recipe for steak fajitas. Be sure to CLICK the BELL ICON to get my latest videos.
I got the idea years ago when I asked the cook in a Mexican restaurant about his great fajitas, so I feel I'm on safe ground. Skirt steak is traditional, but you can really use whatever beef you like, or boneless skinless chicken breast. I developed this marinade for fajitas when the local grocery store quite carrying my favorite marinade. You can have beef or chicken fajitas using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of beef or chicken fajitas
- You need 2 lb of thin sliced beef or chicken breast.
- You need 2 of thinly sliced green bell peppers.
- Prepare 2 of thinly sliced red bell peppers.
- It’s 2 of thinly sliced yellow bell peppers.
- It’s 1 large of thinly sliced onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of chile powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cheyenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
This flavorful recipe is definitely on my weeknight dinner rotation. The chicken fajita marinade in these popular wraps is mouthwatering. They go together in a snap and always get raves! —Julie Sterchi, Campbellsville, Kentucky. Save a little money and skip the Mexican restaurant in favor of a homemade meal.
beef or chicken fajitas instructions
- in large heated pan add oil and meat of choice, cook on medium high heat about 10 minutes stirring occasionally..
- in small dish mix together all seasoning with water.
- add veggies and water with seasonings to pan salt to taste and let simmer about 10 more minutes stirring occasionally..
The meat and vegetables for these colorful fajita wraps are marinated in a zesty mixture of lime, garlic, and other seasonings. Add in beef or possibly chicken, saute/fry till cooked through. Add in onions, bell pepper and sauces. Spread spoonful of fajita mix in middle of tortilla. Top with tomatoes, cheese, lettuce and salsa.