Easy Oyakodon. Oyakodon is cooked in one pan where onions, chicken, and egg are simmered in an umami-rich dashi-based sauce. It is then poured over a bowl of fluffy steamed rice. First Attempt at making Oyakodon (親子丼, Japanese dish consisting of fried chicken bits and eggs served in a bowl with rice) Instead of Dashi and Miri.
Oyakodon is chicken and egg in seasoned broth over rice in a bowl. Oyako means parents and children, like chicken and egg, and don (donburi) means a bowl. It's a whole meal in one bowl. You can have Easy Oyakodon using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Oyakodon
- It’s 1 of Chicken Thigh, cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1/4 of Onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup (60 ml) of Dashi.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of Mirin.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of Sake.
- It’s 1 tbs of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbs of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 of Green Onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s of Steamed Rice.
Japanese comfort food, Oyakodon is chicken meat and beaten eggs, simmered in a sweet and savory stock, and eaten over cooked rice in a bowl. Try it for breakfast some cold morning. By all accounts, only taking three classes this term should make this my easiest, most relaxed few weeks of school. Oyakodon: Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl.
Easy Oyakodon step by step
- Add Dashi, sugar, Sake, soy sauce and Mirin in a pan. Heat until boiling..
- Add onion and cook for a minute at medium heat..
- Add chicken pieces to the pan and cook until the meat is cooked through..
- Beat egg in a small bowl and pour over the chicken and onion. Cover and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute..
- Slide egg and chicken with sauce over rice in a bowl. Sprinkle with green onion..
The Japan Food Addict app is here! Grab it on the App Store. Oyakodon (親子丼) is a donburi, made of chicken and egg, seasoned with dashi, mirin, sake, and soy The pun in oyakodon. The Japanese, like many other peoples of the world, love puns, double. Hi guys, today I'm going to share very classic Japanese donburi recipe, Oyakodon.