You can have Rock Cakes using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rock Cakes
- Prepare 200 grams of plain flour.
- It’s 100 grams of butter.
- Prepare 50 grams of castor sugar.
- Prepare 150 grams of dried mixed fruits.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
Rock Cakes step by step
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree Celsius. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large baking bowl, add the softened butter and lightly rub together with fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add in the mixed fruits and sugar. Use a fork or a tablespoon to stir such that it is well mixed. Make a well in the centre and crack the egg follow by the milk..
- Use the tablespoon lightly and swiftly mixed it until it form a sticky dough. Using a tablespoon, divide the mixture evenly spaced on the baking sheet..
- Bake in the preheated oven 180oC for 15 mins or until golden brown and well risen. The rock buns should be firm to the touch, but they harden up properly once cold. Best served warm!.