Oyako-don (Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl). Oyakodon is cooked in one pan where onions, chicken, and egg are simmered in an umami-rich dashi-based sauce. It is then poured over a bowl of fluffy steamed rice. Japanese comfort food, Oyakodon is chicken meat and beaten eggs, simmered in a sweet and savory stock, and eaten over cooked rice in a bowl. "This is a delicious traditional Japanese meal consisting of chicken sauteed and then cooked in a Japanese broth, and then finished with egg and served.
Oyakodon (Chicken & Egg Rice Bowl). Oyakodon (親子丼) is a classic Japanese chicken and egg rice bowl, with tender pieces of chicken and sweet onions simmered in a sweet and savory dashi that's bound together with egg. A big bowl of rice topped with chicken, onion and egg cooked in sweet soy flavor sauce. You can have Oyako-don (Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oyako-don (Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl)
- It’s 5 oz of water.
- Prepare 4-5 pieces of sliced, dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of light-colored soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 5 of and 1/4 oz Chicken thigh meat.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of MITSUBA if you want.
- Prepare 2 cups of steamed rice.
Quick and easy dish and quite filling. Oyako-don is a quick and easy dish that is low cost and filling. Perfect for the working mum with young growing kids. I was exactly like that many years ago.
Oyako-don (Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl) step by step
- Soak dried mushroom in water..
- Add soy sauce, mirin, sugar and salt..
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Slice the onion..
- Put the soy sauce mixture in a pot or a skillet and bring to a boil on medium heat..
- Put the chicken and onion in a skillet or a pot and cover with a lid. Let simmer till cooked..
- Beat eggs in a bowl, and pour over the chicken and onion. Cook an additional 10 sec. Remove from heat and cover the skillet/ the pot until egg is steamed..
- Ta-da!!! Serve over cooked rice..
Our oyakodon recipe provides step-by-step instructions on how to prepare a perfect Japanese style chicken and egg donburi rice bowl. Enjoy one of Japan's most popular and easy-to-make fast food dishes in the comfort of your own home. Oyakodon is a one-bowl meal consisting of a bed of rice. Oyako is a traditional Japanese donburi, or rice bowl. Chicken and eggs are simmered in a flavorful broth and then spooned over steamed Japanese rice.