Potato pinwheels. Potato Pinwheels a Special Ramadan Recipe by Kitchen With Amna. Patrick's Day candy with a surprising ingredient: mashed potatoes and peanut butter filling! Roll up a cheesy bacon and potatoes mix in crescents for an awesome appetizer.
As their name suggests, these are snacks in the shape of a pinwheel filled with a spicy potato stuffing. Roll up a cheesy bacon and potatoes mix in crescents for an awesome appetizer; it's like an easier loaded baked potato. Don't refrigerate them, just leave them at room temperature once you've My grandmother's recipe for Potato Candy (also sometimes called Peanut Butter Pinwheels). You can cook Potato pinwheels using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato pinwheels
- It’s 2 of potatoes boiled and mashed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of thin flour batter.
- It’s 1/4 th tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare Pinch of baking soda.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee or oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ajwain (carom seeds).
- It’s 2 of green chillies chopped finely.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped coriander (optional).
- You need 1/4 th tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 1 of small onion chopped finely.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 cup of oil for frying.
I am drawn towards foods that are out of the ordinary. Of course, I love the traditional foods, and probably make more of those on a regular basis, but throw in a different. Not just potatoes, but PESTO potatoes y'all! And it gets better, because They're extra awesome because the pinwheel shape is just plain pretty.
Potato pinwheels instructions
- Steam or boil the potatoes.Care should be taken not to overcook them.Scrape or mashed potatoes.Add chopped green chillies,pinch of red chilli powder,ginger paste,little salt and garam masala.Mix all.Heat 1 tbsp oil and fry the chopped onion.Add the potato mix and toss till nicely fried.Set aside to cool.Take maida in a bowl.Add ajwain,little salt,baking powder and soda.Add ghee or oil and mix all.Pour little water and knead into a tight dough.Roll out the dough very thinly..
- Smear the potato mix evenly over the rolled dough with the help of a spoon.Roll the layered maida and potato mix into an elongated cylindrical tube.Cut into 1/2 inch size rounds with a sharp knife.Make a thin batter with maida or cornflour.Heat oil in a nonstick pan.Lower flame when hot.Dip each round in batter and fry till crisp.Serve with hot and sweet sauce or date and tamarind chutney..
And the little size means. #potato_pinwheels Hi, I have just made the potato pinwheels…do they defrost well? I was just checking before freezing them as i know whenever i freeze mash potato by. The Loaded Potato Pinwheels are two-bite savory puffs that are inspired by loaded baked potatoes, and have potato, cheese and bacon inside a spiral of dough. Potato Pinwheels Recipe – Ingredients for this Potato Pinwheels include cold mashed potatoes, salt, sifted powdered sugar Combine potatoes, salt, sugar (some) to make easily handled fondant.