Chocolate Sponge Cake. Chocolate Sponge Cake – Fluffy, moist and perfectly leveled – this sponge cake recipe is the one to have. Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe & Video. At first, it is the lovely spiral design of this Chocolate Sponge Cake that catches people's attention.
Make a birthday special with Mary Berry's chocolatiest of chocolate sponge cakes. Chocolate sponge cake – Light, fluffy & soft chocolate sponge cake that makes a good base for decorated or frosted cakes. Sponge cakes are usually made of eggs, fats, flour & sugar. You can cook Chocolate Sponge Cake using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tablespoon of melted butter, let cool until almost to room temperature.
- It’s 2 Tablespoon of milk.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tablespoon of coco powder.
Decorate with a quick, rich chocolate buttercream and top with heaps of fresh berries like raspberries or strawberries. recipes. This chocolate Italian sponge cake is quite fast and easy to prepare, once you understand exactly what you have to do. Italian sponge cake (Pan di Spagna) is used in desserts like cassata, zuppa. White sugar and brown sugar come together with cocoa powder, eggs, and flour creating the best ever chocolate sponge cake.
Chocolate Sponge Cake step by step
- Crack 3 eggs. Put the egg whites in a mixing bowl and egg yolks in a large bowl..
- To the egg yolks, add in the cooled butter, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Sieve the cake flour, baking powder, and coco powder and whisk to combine the wet and dry ingredients to form a thick batter..
- In the meantime, use the electric mixer (or a whisk) to beat the egg whites until it can form a stiff peak. When done, pour this fluffy egg whites into the batter and gently combine them together with a spatula until it is almost homogenous..
- Lightly grease the ramekins and put them inside the fryer basket. Preheat the air fryer at 400F (200C) for about 2 minutes..
- Scoop the batter into the preheated ramekins and air fry at 280F (150C) for about 10-12 minutes, until the toothpick comes out clean..
All Reviews for Best Ever Chocolate Sponge Cake. A simple yet festive chocolate cake you can use for birthdays or just serve as a luxurious after-dinner A luscious and versatile chocolate sponge — although just another variation on the Victoria. Every baker needs a classic sponge cake recipe on hand and this chocolate one is a fine one to Set another cake layer on top, and repeat process with remaining simple syrup, frosting, and cake layers. This Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake is a super moist eggless chocolate cake recipe. Perfect for icing and frosting purposes.