Lemon butter cream Christmas cake. Layer cakes, cookies, cupcakes—you name it, chances are it's going to taste better with a little bit of this citrusy frosting on top. The best part is that it's super easy to make, and you only need four ingredients to get started. Classic Buttercream Frosting flavored with fresh lemons makes this Best Lemon Buttercream Frosting one of those go-to frostings that will always be a hit.
Tangy, sweet, and creamy lemon buttercream frosting tastes delicious on everything! I used to skip the heavy cream completely and only use lemon juice as the liquid. Cream ensures a CREAMY and THICK (hey, who woulda thunk?) consistency. You can cook Lemon butter cream Christmas cake using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon butter cream Christmas cake
- Prepare 1 of . 500g margrine.
- You need 2 of . 450g powdered sugar.
- Prepare 3 of . 2tps vanilla essence.
- You need 4 of . 1 lemon.
- Prepare 5 of . 8 eggs.
- It’s 6 of . 650g flour.
- Prepare 7 of . 2tps Baking powder.
- You need of Butter cream.
- Prepare 1 of . 500g butter.
- Prepare 2 of . 1kg powdered sugar.
- It’s 3 of . 2 tsp milk.
- You need 4 of . 2 tsp vanilla essence.
A delicious lemon layer cake brushed with lemon syrup and topped with a light lemon buttercream frosting. Lemon layer cake with tart lemon buttercream frosting on top. This is the cake recipe you want to make for serving with afternoon tea on Easter day! This Lemon Cream Butter Cake is the love child of a buttery lemon cake and a lemon cheesecake.
Lemon butter cream Christmas cake step by step
- Put margrine. And whisk. Then add powdered sugar and whisk until light and fluffy..
- Add baking powder. (ITS SO IMPORTANT) adding baking powder at this step is so important. The cake will raise better. Whisk.
- Add vanilla essence, lemon. Whisk.
- Add the eggs, one by one. As you whisk.
- Sieve the flour. And it bit by bit as you whisk.
- Pre heat the oven. Place your cake there. Bake for 20 mins on high heat and then reduce to low. Bake for more 20- 25 mins..
A perfect marriage of the two textures and flavours. Yes, the buttery lemon cake forms a layer around the bottom and outside, while a creamy lemon cream cheese filling cooks up in the middle. This Lemon Cream Cake is the perfect combination of light cake and rich lemon cream filling. After frosting, the cake you can add the crumb topping which is a mixture of powdered sugar, flour, butter and vanilla. If you are looking to save some time, you could eliminate the crumb topping but it does.