Red Velvet Cake.
You can cook Red Velvet Cake using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 stick (4 ounces) of salted butter at room temperature.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoons of red food coloring.
Red Velvet Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 1+13-inch metal pan. Line the bottom with a parchment paper, Chris the paper, and flour the pan..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt..
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. In another small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and milk. Pour the egg mixture into the butter-sugar mixture and beat on medium speed for two minutes..
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture and the sour cream mixture to the butter-egg mixture, beginning and ending with the flour adding the food coloring with the addition of liquid..
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Tap the pan on the worksurface to get rid of any air bubbles..
- Bake till a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes..
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. If necessary, loosen.