Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Puff Pinwheels. Place tomato slices, alternating with mozzarella slices, on a large serving platter. Tomato mozzarella salad is a summer favorite. Sweet ripe tomatoes with pillowy soft mozzarella and fresh basil.
Since this recipe involves only a few ingredients, it is very important to have each ingredients in high quality. This delicious fresh tomato dish, called Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Plate, is served in your better Italian restaurants. It is so simple and so delicious! You can cook Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Puff Pinwheels using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Puff Pinwheels
- It’s 1 of ready roll sheet of puff pastry,.
- It’s 1/4 carton of tomato, garlic and herb passata,.
- Prepare 2 of balls of reduced fat mozzarella,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian mixed herbs,.
- It’s of Fresh basil leaves,.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg,.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season.
This tomato mozzarella salad is my oldest son's favorite salad; it is guaranteed that if we go out to The presentation of the tomato mozzarella caprese salad can also be customized based on your..fresh tomatoes, basil, and of course mozzarella, making it the perfect appetizer bite or as an easy But my fave tomato this time of year are the sweet cherry tomatoes I can pop straight in my mouth. Tomato Mozzarella Salad is perfect for a delicious lunch and it is a great fresh side to add to any dinner. Loaded with ripe juicy tomatoes, buttery fresh mozzarella and thinly sliced onions, this salad. Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad Mozzarella and Tomato Skillet Pita Pizzas Made with thick slices of fresh mozzarella, sweet Italian tomatoes, rich extra virgin olive oil, tangy balsamic glaze, and herbaceous basil, it's no surprise that this sandwich's fame has made it to the.
Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Puff Pinwheels instructions
- Lay out the puff pastry sheet and roll it out a little thinner but keep it in a rectangle shape with two edges slightly shorter..
- Take the passata and spread it evenly over the pastry leaving a 1cm clean edge at the sides. Sprinkle over the Italian herbs and season with salt and pepper..
- Tear up the mozzarella balls and the basil leaves and spread over neatly..
- Now starting from the shorter side, roll up the pastry as tight as possible starting from one end and finishing at the other..
- Refrigerate for around 15-30 minutes to set, or leave covered on a plate in cling film over night if prepping for an event the next day..
- Once set, take a really sharp knife and cut the roll into 1.5cm rings. Pre heat your oven to 180 (fan) or gas mark 6. Lay the pinwheels out on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray..
- Brush each one over with some beaten egg wash. Bake them in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until risen, golden and flakey. Leave to cool for a few minutes before serving, so they hold their shape better. Superb eaten as is, or with dips!.
Remove the chicken from the oven and top with slices of mozzarella and tomato. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Roasted Tomato and Herbed Cheese Galette. Learn how to make Tomato and Mozzarella Risotto. Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella and arrange casually with the basil leaves on a large platter.