You can have Mahogany Cake using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mahogany Cake
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 oz. of unsweetened chocolate.
- It’s 1 cup of strong black coffee, divided.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 9 of Frosting: See in STEPS.
Mahogany Cake instructions
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating each egg before adding another..
- Heat chocolate and 1/2 cup of coffee together until chocolate is completely dissolved..
- Beat chocolate-coffee mixture into butter-sugar mixture..
- Sift flour, soda, salt together..
- Stir in a little of the flour mixture, alternating with the divided 1/2 cup of coffee until all used up..
- Add vinegar and vanilla and beat well..
- Divide into three 9” pans..
- Then, bake at 325F for 25-30 minutes..
- Frosting: * With 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, add 1 tablespoon of strong coffee, 1 tablespoon of cocoa, and 2 tsp. sugar. * When thoroughly chilled, add 2/3 cups of heavy whipping cream and whip. * Spread between layers and top of cake..