Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake.
You can have Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake
- Prepare of 🍰 Cake.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks (about 75 g).
- You need 35 g of granulated white sugar, for yolks.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 40 ml of (2 tbsp+2 tsp) whole milk.
- Prepare 40 ml of (2 tbsp+2 tsp) vegetable oil.
- Prepare 72 g of cake flour, sifted.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of egg whites (about 145 g).
- Prepare 56 g of granulated white sugar, for egg whites.
- You need of 🍓 Filling.
- It’s 9 of fresh strawberries, stems removed.
- Prepare 180 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of granulated white sugar, adjust to taste.
Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake instructions
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper hanging out the sides. I used 9.5"x 14.5" (24cm x 37cm) baking tray..
- Separate egg whites from yolks into different bowls. Wipe the bowl for egg whites with white vinegar to get rid of grease and residue. Egg whites containing broken yolk will also not beat properly..
- Add sugar into the bowl of yolks and mix using a hand whisk. Add in vanilla, milk, and oil. Mix again. Then mix in sifted flour and salt until combined. Set aside..
- Using a mixer, beat egg white until foamy. Once the bubbles become small and tightened, gradually add sugar with the mixer running. Beat until stiff peak..
- At this point, preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk mixture. Mix with a whisk until combined..
- Pour the yolk mixture into the leftover meringue. Switching to a silicone spatula, quickly but gently fold the mixture to combine. To preserve the airiness of this cake, do not overmix it..
- Pour the batter into prepared tray. Spread it evenly with a scraper. Then tap two times onto the counter to release little air bubbles..
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, wash the strawberries and remove their stems. Wipe dry and set aside in the fridge..
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, remove it from the pan onto a counter or cooling rack. Peel off the paper around the edges. Let it cool to room temperature..
- In a big bowl, beat heavy cream and sugar until stiff peak..
- Cover the cake with a parchment paper, then flip it over. Carefully peel off the bottom paper. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream, then line the strawberries horizontally..
- Spread the leftover whipped cream against the strawberries. Then holding the bottom paper, roll the cake over. Tuck as needed to tighten the rolling..
- Wrap it with the paper and store in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour..
- Unwrap the cake. For a nice clean cut, dip the knife into hot water and wipe it dry. Then trim off the edge and slice the cake. Heat and wipe the knife before every cut..