Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake. Upside-down cake has all the textures you could ever want. Starting from the bottom, it's got a moist and tender butter cake. This one is enriched with This version takes the classic upside-down cake and turns it on its head.
The last time this happened, dad swore like a sailor, threw the whole cake in the sink, and vowed to never attempt an apple upside down cake again. Upgrade your classic Pineapple Upside-Down Cake by adding this unique twist: Carrot Cake. Our users loved the easy prep and the huge hit the dessert was with their families. You can cook Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of stevia-sugar blend.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 cups of grated carrots.
- You need 2 of apple (saved 12 thinly sliced, then minced the remaining).
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of allspice powder.
- You need of lemon zest.
The best part about the classic pineapple upside-down cake is its gooey fruit topping, and this fresh take on the beloved dessert is no exception. We replaced canned pineapple with fresh apple slices whose tart flavor is the perfect balance to a sticky-sweet caramel sauce. We don't like to play favorites. This is our new favorite upside-down cake.
Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake step by step
- Mix the dry ingredients: sifted flour, sugar, stevia-sugar blend, baking powder, baking soda salt and allspice..
- Mix separately the eggs and olive oil..
- Gradually pour the dry mixture to the wet mixture..
- Once mixed, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, carrots and minced apples..
- Arrange the apple slices into circular form at the bottom of the mold..
- Pour into a mold and put baked into a preheated oven at 200 degree C, for 30-45 minutes..
- Let it cool for 15 minutes..
- Turn the mold upside-down into a pan..
- (Optional) Add confectioner sugar and more additional shredded carrots for decorations..
This tastes like a spice cake crossed with a caramel apple and we are INTO IT. In the mood for more fall baking? In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt brown sugar, butter, vanilla. Precooking some of the apples before placing them in the bottom of the cake pan gave us plentiful fruit infused with caramel flavor for our best apple upside-down cake recipe. Cupcake ipsum dolor sit amet chocolate bar halvah carrot cake donut.